Information For Teachers
What are we looking for?
- Trinity or Cambridge certificate qualified teachers;
- Native speakers;
- Enthusiastic motivated tutors;
- Creative, professional and hard-working people
Please contact us to discuss any current vacancies.
We have a great team of dedicated teachers working on a variety of projects.
Our aim is to offer students interesting, well planned and specialised lessons which will help them progress with their studies as quickly and efficiently as possible.
What to do if you are interested in joining us
Please ask to see our New Teacher’s Handbook for more details and send a C.V. to us for initial consideration. Before being interviewed you will need to complete an application form. We also require at least two references. All teachers must apply for an up-to-date Enhanced DBS check.
In order to offer excellence in our classes we offer monthly CPD training.
For newly qualified teachers, we offer teacher training sessions including observation sessions. The charge for this is £10 per hour where you can follow a class led by an experienced teacher.
If you want to gain more experience we offer teacher training sessions lasting 1 1/2 hours which includes 15 minutes advice on lesson planning, a one hour observed class with volunteer students and a 15 minute feedback session offering advice from a highly qualified teacher. Cost £45 per 1 1/2 hour session.
Please submit a CV for consideration for any positions opening in the future.
Qualifications needed for teaching
Preferred qualifications: Cambridge / RSA CELTYL / CELTA / DELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL / Dip. TESOL
Essential qualifications: a recognised TEFL / TESOL teaching certificate. The course must contain at least 100 hours of TEFL input and additionally:
- have at least 6 hours of observed and assessed teaching practice. The observation has to be carried out by your trainer, or someone of equivalent status within the centre, and must include feedback. Peer supervision does not count. Observations can be completed with us but please note we do charge for this service;
- have also included observations of qualified teachers;
- be externally validated. Usually, the external validation will come from an examining body (e.g. Trinity or Cambridge / RSA) or a university.
Preferred skills: first aid training, experience with teenagers, knowledge of child protection, sports leadership training.
Essential skills: punctuality, attention to detail, classroom management, inclusive manner.
Children’s Camp Teaching Pay Scale
|Job||Base||With teaching experience over 1 year and up to 5 years||With teaching experience up to 5 years and a Postgraduate qualification||With teaching experience > 5 years||With teaching experience > 5 years and a Postgraduate qualification||With previous Heart of England summer camp experience having worked more than 4 weeks.||First Aid qualified||Sports leadership training|
|Teacher 15 hours||220||225||230||235||245||+ £3 per year worked||+ £10||X|
|Afternoon activity leader||180||X||X||X||X||+£3 per year worked||+ £10||+£5|
|Weekend leaders||£55 – 80* / day||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
Base pay includes:
- Listed hours tuition
- Listed afternoon excursions
- Attendance at a pre-course induction and planning meeting
- Holiday pay
- Time spent on normal planning and administrative tasks (completing attendance records, lesson planning and lesson record sheets as well as any break rotas that need to done)
- Attendance at weekly teachers’ meetings in accordance with best pedagogic practice
* Dependent on hours and group size.
All staff must have a valid DBS check either in a transferrable format or wr which can be applied for before you start work with us. We pay for this but, if you intend to work for us again, you need to sign up to the update service. This costs £13 and must be completed within 14 days of receiving your DBS certificate. We will not cover the costs of rechecking at the DBS service once we have completed one check.
If you are looking for an online course we can suggest:
TESOL Direct www.tesol-direct.com
TESOL Direct was set up to offer high quality, competitively-priced courses. Our TESOL / TEFL certificate courses are offered by distance learning because this is the most cost-effective and flexible way to study. They now provide TESOL / TEFL training in 22 countries.
All of the tutors are very experienced with at least 20 years of TESOL teaching and training experience behind each of them, and at least an MA/MEd TESOL/TEFL qualification.
A great deal of thought has gone into the preparation of the courses and they are proud to say that the quality and professional nature of their TESOL training is confirmed with accreditation by ACCREDITAT. Independent TESOL certification is vitally important and ACCREDITAT specialises in TESOL/TEFL training.
TESOL Direct provides a range of high quality, globally recognised, independently accredited TESOL courses for distance learning. We offer 150-hr & 110-hr TESOL certificates as well as Business English and Young Learners courses.